1. Acceptance of Terms
3. Description of the Service
4. User Conduct
By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to use the Services:
- to abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other SYNCO users;
- to post or transmit any content that is infringing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, profane, or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party, or content that contains homophobia, ethnic slurs or religious intolerance;
- For any illegal or unauthorized purpose. If you are an international user, you agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content;
- to post or transmit any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any SYNCO user;
- to create or submit unwanted email (“Spam”) to any other SYNCO users or any URL;
- to violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws);
- to submit stories or comments linking to multi-level marketing schemes
- With the exception of accessing RSS feeds, you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (i) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site; or (iii) bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site;
- with the intention of artificially inflating or altering the ‘SYNCO count’, comments, or any other SYNCO service, including by way of creating separate user accounts for the purpose of artificially altering SYNCO’s services; giving or receiving money or other remuneration in exchange for votes; or participating in any other organized effort that in any way artificially alters the results of SYNCO’s services;
- attempt to impersonate another user or person;
- sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
In addition, you agree that you will not use the Service (including, without limitation by “SYNCOing” any content) on behalf of (or per the request or instruction of) any third party, or pay or otherwise attempt to influence any third to manipulate or otherwise affect the site in any manner (including, without limitation, by paying any other user to “SYNCO” any content).
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Site. SYNCO reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users.
5. Warranty Disclaimers
You acknowledge that SYNCO has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to the Site or use the Services; what effects the content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the content. You release SYNCO from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired content through the Site or the Services. The Site or Services may contain, or direct you to sites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. SYNCO makes no representations concerning any content contained in or accessed through the Site or Services, and SYNCO will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Site or the Services. THE SERVICE, CONTENT, AND SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
6. Links and Merchandise
The Services may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because SYNCO has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that SYNCO is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that SYNCO shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
Neither SYNCO nor its third party service providers make any warranties with respect to any of the merchandise, products, and/or services featured, mentioned, or sold by others on or through the Site. Transactions for any such item shall be between the user and the third party seller, without any involvement of SYNCO or its third party service providers. You agree that SYNCOand its third party service providers are not responsible, and shall have no liability to you, with respect to merchandise, products, and/or services featured, mentioned, or sold by others on or through the Site, including illegal, offensive or illicit items, or items that violate this Agreement.
Information Collected by SYNCO
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website, which is to enable users to discover and share information with one another. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with this objective. We collect the following types of information from our SYNCO users:
- Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
Registration: In order for you to use SYNCO services, such as submitting new links to the website, you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require select personal information (including your full name, city, state and e-mail address).
User Profile: To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration, we enable you to provide additional information, such as a bio, favorite URLs, and instant messaging IDs. In addition, you may choose to include photos of yourself in your profile. As indicated below, in the section titled “Sharing Your Information”, you can control how your information is displayed and used.
- Automatic Information:
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. SYNCO and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, SYNCO cookie information, and the page you requested. SYNCO uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
SYNCO may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While SYNCO will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
SYNCO is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the “Sharing Your Information” section below. SYNCO may send out e-mails with SYNCO-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from SYNCO, which inform you of actions (e.g. friend requests) that have been performed on the site. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please visit the Email Preferences section of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. SYNCO cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
Sharing Your Information
Because SYNCO enables people to discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use SYNCO is an integral part of the SYNCO experience. Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
- SYNCO Personnel: SYNCO personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of SYNCO business.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if SYNCO, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other SYNCO users in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area on SYNCO where we allow you to tell other SYNCO users about yourself and your interests. You may control what personal information is displayed in your User Profile by visiting the Privacy Settings section of your User Profile.
- Member Directory: The e-mail address that you submit upon registration will be searchable by other SYNCO users who know you by your email address, unless you choose to opt out of this feature. This is primarily so that other users can find you to establish friendship through SYNCO. You may opt-out of this feature by visiting the Privacy Settings section of your User Profile.
- Syndication: SYNCO allows for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the SYNCO website.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
Keeping Information Secure
- Your SYNCO account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Ways to Control Display and Use of Your Information
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website, such as posting new links.
- By visiting your User Profile, you can correct, amend, add or delete personal information on our website. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- If you do not wish to receive e-mail from us or other SYNCO users, please visit the Email Preferences section of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message.
- However, please note that you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
- If you do not wish to have people who know you by your email address find you via the Member Directory service, please visit the Privacy Settings section of your User Profile to opt out of this feature.
- As explained earlier, the “help” portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
You must be 13 years and older to register to use the SYNCO website. As a result, SYNCO does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that SYNCO has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We recommend that minors between the ages of 13 and 18 ask and receive their parents’ permission before using SYNCO or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
Conditions of Use